So...I just realized that it has been about a week or so since I last sat down to post something new on here. I really have no excuse as to why...I guess I have just found other things to occupy my mind these days...like reading, cooking, baking, cleaning, photography...you know the usual :)
Anyway, all that to say, there is not much new happening here on our home-front.
Hopefully in the next week or so...there will be something of more excitement to report about, but until then you will just have to deal with my meaning-less ramblings...sorry.
Rambling #1. Stephen's sister, Tanya and her family are taking off on a new adventure/journey in the coming week. Her husband is due to report to a new Air Force base...overseas! That's right, they will be living in Japan for the next couple of years! I am so excited for them!
*Tanya, if you are reading this...I just want to remind you (once again) that S and I are praying for you guys as you embark on this journey. And know that we love you and miss you greatly!
Rambling #2. I have been reading a trilogy by Beverly Lewis, The Heritage of Lancaster County...and I must say that it is quite captivating. If you are not familiar with Lewis' work, most of her writing centers around the Amish culture. I read another one of her series earlier this year (Abram's Daughters series), and I found this trilogy I am currently reading in my mom's book collection. It has definitely intrigued me to no end.
Rambling #3. I have discovered a new Christian Singer/Songwriter...her name is Kathryn Scott. She is Amazing! I added one of her songs to the player below...you should check her out! The truth and meaning found in her lyrics is incredible, to say the least.
Rambling #4. I love cooking! I know I have mentioned this before on here, but in the last couple of months, I have truly enjoyed learning new recipes and...for the record, Kraft has become my best friend :)
Okay, well I guess this concludes my post...thanks for enduring a random post :)
Look forward to a more exciting post...hopefully in the near future.
~kate
2 comments:
OOooo I love the Abram's Daughters' series by Bev Lewis... I learned a lot I didn't know about the Amish culture (I'm such a nerd)!... but really-they were great books!!!
Have you heard Kathryn Scott's song "At the Foot of the Cross"? It is really wonderful. Check it out. Here is a link to the lyrics.
http://www.higherpraise.com/lyrics/awesome/awesome3135.html
Post a Comment