...so as I sit here in our living room, I am trying to think of something clever (spelling?) to write on here...and nothing is coming to mind...but I guess that is alright...because I know that our family and friends do not come to this site to read my clever thoughts...they come to catch up on our lives, so I guess I can update you on our life :)
As of right now, Stephen and I are working opposite shifts...so our time that we have together is over lunch Monday through Friday and weekends...we both live for the weekends, especially now that it is warmer outside, yay!
Now...we have been doing this opposite shift thing for a couple months now and though it stinks most days (okay...all days) I think we both have come to the realization that it is not a permanent set-up (or so we are praying)...one day hopefully not too far in the future we will be able to settle into a life of Stephen happily working in a secure job and me being able to stay at home when we start having children.
But as I sit here thinking about our future...and wondering what it will be like...I am reminded that I must not forget to live in the now. Yes, the future sounds wonderful...but we live in the present and as hard as it may be to be content with where God has us...it is what we are called to do...to live each day as if it were our last...not worrying about tomorrow...but rather learning how to honor and live for our Heavenly Father today.
It is quite convicting to read these words even as I am typing them out on the screen...it is so easy to always be searching for something more, something new, etc. You know the saying "the grass is always greener on the other side" well...it's SO true! Recently, an old college friend was doing a project for her senior counseling class and this project was to ask a certain amount of people what they thought the three biggest problems plaguing adults in 2007 were...and I truly think that one of them is the fact that we are never satisfied or content with who we are, what we have, or where we are right now! Even if we have all that we would ever need in life...we always seem to think of something that would make it that much better (or so we think)...therefore we are never content. It is kind of sad when you think about it...nothing is ever good enough for our culture. However, there is one thing that can quench that thirst for something more...it is Christ! He is the thirst-quencher extraordinaire and He is the only thing that can satisfy any want or desire for those who call upon Him. Thinking about this though...a verse comes to mind, its found in Romans 10:14-15
"How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news of good things."
So it is through us, that the Lord our God, works to spread His hope to others. It is exciting to know that we are used as a vessel for His glory, but it is also a big responsibility too. But in the big scheme of things...it is nice to know that there is a way for us to learn to be content and this way is through Christ. It is truly comforting to this gal in particular, who is typing all this out...and hopefully I am able to help "bump" others closer to Christ through not only my life but also my words and actions, everything.
...well this is kind of an update on our life...but it also with a little bit of rambling on the side on my part :) but ayway...I must go for now, my husband is on his way home so I better get the grocery list and be ready to make a late night grocery run, since my car's brakes are in need of a change.
so, catch ya on the flip side...until next time
~kate
6 comments:
seriously, this blog is amazing!!!!! how cute!!
I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!
It sooo fits your cool and artistic side.
this is great!!!
I mean, how'd you do this blog? I love love love the hobbit pic.
I love being pretty silly.
Gosh, I like you lots!
ha!
That is soooo funny that you noticed that I haven't put you with my other links...
It's b/c I gotta think of something perfect for y'all....
I don't know how to shorten what I want to put...you'll understand when you read it.
i like your new blog...it rocks!! you should check out our blog it is danmaed@blogspot.com
Hey! I HATE that I missed your call. I have thought about you often, but the times that that thought comes...craziness is going on in my household. Maybe one day soon we can have a late night chat when the kiddos are down.
i really do like you lots.
Post a Comment