It is funny how time flies when you are enjoying yourself...this past year has been just that. In a couple of weeks, my husband and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary, and as I look back over the course of this year...I am thinking to myself...where has the time gone? Now, I am not saying that I have breezed through this year with ease...because Stephen and I have had our difficult times through this year, but what I am saying is that because I spent it with the man that I deeply love and enjoy being with, this is why it has, in a sense, gone by so fast. There have been, as I said...difficult times, but there have also been many sweet and memorable times and I know we will carry them with us through our life together.
The sweet and memorable times are the ones we are going to reflect upon when we are old and gray, sitting together on our porch one day, but the things that stretched us and grew us up a bit are things that have helped prepare us for our life together...and the Lord has indeed been gracious in our lives already.
When I met Stephen, over three years ago, I never would have dreamed that he would one day be my husband...and I certainly would not have thought that I could love someone so deeply as I do him...and I can honestly say that I love him even more now that I did one year ago when I said "I do" to him, and even more than I did when he proposed to me, and then especially more than I did way back when we were first starting dating. I remember talking to his parents one day on the phone and I cannot remember specifically which one said it out of the two of them, but they offered me a little nugget of truth that day when I was talking to them...they said: (maybe not in these specific words) "If you and Stephen each individually turn your thoughts on the Lord and seek to grow closer to Him, then you two will inevitably grow closer to each other...its kind of like a triangle, where God is at the very top corner and you two are on each side of the bottom in the corners and as you grow closer to God...you will grow closer together too." And I must say...this is sincerely true.
Well, this is about all the time I have for today, work is calling my name...so I will post more about this "topic" in a few weeks, when it gets closer to our anniversary...but until then...enjoy!
~kate
1 comment:
Cool! Hope you have a great week!
Post a Comment