Friday, June 15, 2007

My big sister (or at least one of them)


Today is my eldest sister's birthday...I will not say how old she is, for her sake though :) but I do want her to know that I am thinking of her and wishing her a simply "fablious" birthday day!
Melanie Eve, is one of the most loving people I know...she is sweet and tender-hearted...she loves her husband and three little girls very much!...as well as her immediate family, especially her two younger sisters. And she also loves the Lord very deeply!
I would have to say that she is definitely a kindred spirit of mine!
When I was little, I wanted to be just like her...she seemed so wise and mature and beautiful...
I remember the day she moved out and left home for college (I was so sad to see her leave, but I knew I would see her every once in a while...hopefully)...I remember back when she married the love of her life, Jeff (I was thrilled to finally have a "brother" of some sort)...I was there soon after their first daughter was born with my mom and other sister, Ashley...and I was there right before baby girl #2 was born...and then I had the priviledge to spend about a month with her family, which encompassed the two weeks before and two weeks after baby girl #3 was born...I have laughed and cried with her through many seasons...my whole life. It has been so special to be her littlest sister, well in a matter of speaking...because I surpassed her in height when I was a young teenager...but even though she is shorter than me (Mel being like 5.3 1/2 and I right there around 5.6) I have always known that she will always be much wiser than me...and for that I am grateful because not only do I have my wonderful mother to look up to and seek counsel from, but I also have two amazing sisters to look up to as well.
So...one this 15th of June...I want my "big" sister to know that I love her! I pray for her and her family every day! I cherish her for not only being the sister she is to me but also being a best friend...especially when I needed it the most!
Happy Birthday sis! Ash, me, and Mel on my wedding day...almost one year ago!
(you cannot see in this picture the difference in our height...but she was in heels and I was not on this day) :)
~kate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Katy, for your kind words. What sweet gift!