Things have been quite busy as well as changing in our lives as of late...
Stephen decided to leave the warehouse where he was working those crazy hours...and so he started searching for a new job and low and behold...he applied and was accepted for a position as the junior high youth director at Altadena Valley Presbyterian Church, so about three to four weeks ago, Stephen officially started working again (praise God)...and we are both loving the new opportunities this has afforded us together and we are truly excited about where and how this may change or take us in our future plans.
Along with this new job position...came a church change too. Now even though we absolutely loved the church (especially the people) where we were going to...we feel truly blessed to be at AVPC.
In other news...work picked up quite a bit for me at Southeastern due to our Annual Fall Preview Day...which went well...although I think we are all glad for it to be over and done with...but it was fun...so it was completely worth it.
On another note...towards the of October, Stephen and I took a much needed break from city life and we headed down to Enterprise for an extended weekend...God truly has perfect timing, because the week before my grandfather went into the ICU due to significant blood loss. Thankfully we were able to be there for my parents (specifically my mom)...after all was said and done, and the needed tests had been run, the doctor found that my grandfather had contracted Colon Cancer, and it had spread too significantly, so instead of performing surgery, the doctor suggested for him to go on a mild form or chemotherapy and be home with family...it could be years before anything truly happens, but for now we covet your prayers for my grandfather as well as my parents as they care for him.
My grandfather is pretty headstrong and rarely does anything get him down...and this was a huge blow but as I was sitting there in the hospital one of the days we were down there, he and I started talking about anything and everything...I love listening to him tell stories, and boy does he have stories to tell and he can tell them well too...it was a special time and I was glad to be there and laugh a bit and spend some time with him. He is a treasure to all of his girls...daughter, granddaughters and great-granddaughters alike. :)
Anyway, I guess that is about it...things have changed and life has been pretty busy, life has also been up and down emotionally...but through it all we have been held by our Heavenly Father. And at this moment, as I sit here typing this, I am loving where Stephen and I are right now... and enjoying being able to spend more time with my husband is always a good thing :)
~kate
2 comments:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."Romans 8:28
I am so glad to hear how you are doing! That is great news about Stephan's new job and I will be praying for you and your family concerning your Grandfather. Keep posting sweet friend!
Love the new look!
Post a Comment