“Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want,
but the realization of how much you already have.”
~Anonymous
This quote states pretty much exactly what I have experienced as of late.
but the realization of how much you already have.”
~Anonymous
This quote states pretty much exactly what I have experienced as of late.
As S and I have been discussing and praying about our future…there have many times that I have become discouraged and felt as though the Lord has not been hearing our prayers. However, in the past week or so…I have been reminded that He truly does care for the Holmes’ and our future.
And then, He has also reminded me that though there are times when I long for something that we cannot afford or something that we really do not need, but want…I am reminded that I have so much already.
What more could I possibly need? Well, obviously I thought I needed more…but in truth, I have all I could ever ask for. Clean clothes, a roof over my head, food on the table and a God who loves me!
I guess this is the lesson that God has been teaching me as of late…and I could not be more content knowing that He cares for me and that He has our future in His hands.
While searching for a quote that went along with this entry, I also found another quote that definitely fits into the whole contentment realm…
“When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.”
~Author Unknown
What a challenge…to be content with what God has given us and where He has placed us…today!
Until next time ~kate
1 comment:
Hey sweet friend! It makes me laugh at how often we are learning the SAME things... I really am right there with you on the whole contentment thing-trying to learn, though the process sometimes is hard. But the truth is, God does always provide for our needs and I am SO thankful! :)
Post a Comment