So…it has been a little bit too long of a time since we updated this here blog…oops! I guess life has taken precedence for us as of late.
Let me fill you in on our latest…
Two weeks ago, I said good-bye to Stephen for four days (!)…he and the two other men who work with the youth at our church attended a conference in North Carolina for youth leaders. I stayed around here and went to work and then hung out with three pretty sweet people…two of them were five years of age and under! I watched Enchanted…which is a wonderfully sweet movie! I had lots of fun hanging out with them. However, I sure did miss Stephen…a lot!!
Since we have been married, we have spent only a couple of weekends apart, here and there. But each time we have been apart, it has been me who has been gone; I have never had to be the one who stays home, until now. One of my friends pointed out to me… that she thinks it is harder to be the one who stays home, because life still goes on (like work and such) for the one who stays. And the one who is away gets to experience out of the ordinary daily life “stuff”. I think I would have to agree.
Thankfully, Stephen is home now (happy dance!). And instead of wrapping my arms around a body pillow (which is just not the same), I get to snuggle up next to my husband and sleep a whole lot better now that he is home.
Also, let me interject here and add that we now have a Nintendo Wii!! S and I have been saving our pennies to purchase one of these for quite some time! On Good Friday we woke up and headed out to a local store to see if they had one left and low and behold they did! So we have been enjoying playing things like…bowling, tennis, baseball, and many other games as well!
Then this past weekend (Friday and Saturday) the SEBC Admissions Office (where I work) hosted a College Preview Weekend! For the past five years…we have really only hosted one day events, but this time we decided to try and host an overnight event! What an experience! It was tons of fun! And even though the weather was a little scary on Friday and many people who had planned on attending did not end up coming, the ones we had in attendance plus our current students made it to be a fun and memorable two days for all!
However, now I am tired…and it’s only Monday, ugh!
And then lastly, big plans are in the making for S and I come this summer. I will tell all in a few weeks when we are ready to make it public, but for now, just know that we are super excited about what is it to come for us in the next couple months! PLUS Stephen will be graduating in just over one month from now!! Woo-hoo!!
Also lately, God has really been working in our lives as we have been praying about our future and what it will hold. And even though sometimes it is so hard to give everything over to Him, I have found such an amazing peace, when I do. How great is our God!
Okay, well I guess that is all for now. I hope things are going well for all of you!!
~kate
3 comments:
Tim and I want a WII! Well...i want one more than him...he really wants a PS3 because it has blue ray capabilities...but I am all up for a WII! Have FUN!
girl, i totally subscribe to your blog with google reader. i didn' post your link because i didn't know if you minded, but i totally will now.
Glad everything is going well...btw nice job on leaving us full of suspense as to your summer plans...I hate when people do that! :)
Post a Comment