How do I even begin to describe what this week has been like?
It has been one emotional whirl-wind of a week with my birthday mixed in there as well.
Needless to say…I will not forget this birthday.
Not because of how great it was, but for other reasons.
However, at this moment…my heart hurts.
Not to copy Sam, but I certainly agree with the reminder of what Romans 12:15 states:
“Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.”
For such a time as this…what a concept! I know that I am sometimes so quick to jump in and rejoice when happy times come along. And yet when the hard times come, it can be so hard to find the right words to say…however I am learning that sometimes it is simply better to be there to listen or cry with a brother/sister in Christ, than to fill the void with meaningless words. My prayer is that through this season for SEBC…that the students, staff, and faculty will rally around each other and pray…for that is all we can do.
On another note…a couple posts ago I know I left some of you hanging in suspense as to what our (S and I) big plans are for the summer…well...here is the rest of the story…
A couple months ago, as Stephen and I were praying and discussing what our future plans entailed, we came to the joint conclusion that it is now time to say good-bye to our Birmingham family. We will be moving at the end of this month to my hometown (Enterprise, Alabama)…many reasons surround this decision. We are for one though quite excited about the possibilities that God will open up for us while there, as well as the simplistic living a smaller town affords.
Now it truly goes without saying that we will miss all the people we have grown to know and love here in the “Magic City”. You will all forever be in our hearts wherever the Lord leads us in our future. Hopefully, through this blog and other technology advances (such as email and cell phones) we will keep in touch with everyone. So do not think that we are leaving you for life…we will just be a little further away once the end of this month comes.
Well, I guess that is all for now.
I promise I will post some recent pictures up here next time (like of when my car, Susie, turned 100,000 miles “old”).
But until next time...peace out ~ kate
3 comments:
wow, what a mindful week you have had my dear sweet friend. i know its crazy to think about life and make decisions like that. i've been on the cusp of that so many times it has stopped becoming a big deal it seems. oh my, enterprise is in for a treat, and birmingham is going to be sad to see you go, sug. when you move back home you need to hang out with tara more :) she's still around those parts.
Oh Katy, Katy, Katy! I'm excited for yall's move, but sad to see you leave the area... i do look forward to being able to keep up with you via your blog (i look at it often and always look forward to what you have to say). I love what you said about this being a season for sebc to really be an embodiment of that verse...love ya, girl!
Happy Belated Birthday Friend!
Post a Comment