Now that Stephen is working full-time, I have been spending my evenings soaking up all the time I have with him when he is home. It makes my heart smile when he comes home from work and tells me he had a fantastic day. He loves his job and there is room to grow; so if the military thing ends up not panning out for us...good news is he could continue to work where he is now and move up in the ranks and in turn make for a comfortable life for us. Praise the Lord!
Apart from Stephen's job and the blessing of him being back in the work-force.
I have been working on expanding my cooking and baking skills. I would post pictures...but alas I do not know how to upload the pics onto the computer from my most recent success on the 4th of July...so you will just have to picture a scrumptious cake that I made completely from scratch. :)
Another exciting thing is that a few weeks ago, I purchased a brand spankin' new Nikon D80 Digital SLR. Now for all the photography enthusiasts out there, you may be asking why Nikon? Well after much research and deliberation (on my part) and discussion (with some fellow photographers) I came to the conclusion that Nikon was the way to go. In the end...I absolutely love my new camera! However, learning how to use all the fancy options and such on there is whole other story. It is definitely more advanced than my 35mm Minolta SR film camera that my grandfather used and then passed down to me. So needless to say, I have lots of reading and experimenting to do in the future with my new "toy". Hopefully though you will see the fruits of my labor on here in the coming months as I gain back the skills I learned a few years back and also learn new skills from the reading I will be doing as well. Anyway...I will not bore you with more details about my camera. Just know that I am quite excited to be expanding my photography skills to the point where I can hopefully have a home-based photography business in the near future.
We are working on a groovy name to call the business. Any suggestions?
Well I guess that is all for now. From the looks of it...all of you guys (that we know) out there in the blogoshpere are doing well, know that we miss all of you up there in Birmingham...
until next time ~ kate
1 comment:
Love the new recipes!!
I'm excited to hear about Steve-o's job, and your oh so cool new camera!!
We really do miss and love you both so much.
Keep on updating! Post some artsy pictures!
Post a Comment