Saturday, August 2, 2008

Is it really August?

Where have the days gone? Is it really almost the end of the summer? 
It seems like it was just yesterday that it warmed up around here...

Anyway, lately I have not been doing so well on updating this ol' blog here. Honestly there is just not enough time in the day to sit down and write something witty and blog worthy. But this time around instead of something witty...I am actually going to post a prayer request.
As most of you know, Stephen and I recently moved to my hometown. Our goal in moving down here was to not only simplify our lives but also hopefully move forward with Stephen entering the military. In the meantime, Stephen found a job to help get us through financially and I have been helping to care for my mom as she has recovered from two surgeries this summer and then more recently helping mom set up her classroom for the new school (which is just around the corner). 
So this past week Stephen made a trip to the local Army Recruiting Station to sit and have a chat with one of the recruiters about what his options were at this time.  
And now we are faced with some decisions. 
This is where the prayer request comes in. Currently, there are two ways in which Stephen could get to his eventual goal of flying helicopters for the Army. 
  • One is by losing the weight to get down to the needed body fat percentage by exercising and watching his diet. He does not have that far to go...but each time he loses weight his b.f.p. fluctuates.
  • The other way would be for him to enter the Army Reserves and then apply to become a Warrant Officer once his training is done for the Reserves.
Both options have their pros and cons...but at the moment Stephen and I ask that you pray with and for us as we tread through this time in our lives. 

Anyway...I guess that is all for now. Until next time...peace ~kate

1 comment:

Rebecca M. said...

Praying for your decisions sweet friend!