Recently, I have been spending my days alone here at the house...you know, while everyone else is away at work.
And I must admit, I have truly enjoyed this time, but sometimes I think my mind can get the best of me and I begin to get bored. However, this only happens after I have cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed and mopped all the floors, scrubbed the bathrooms, and made the bed. And did I mention that all the laundry is folded and put away as well? This is huge!
However, even though I have easily filled my days with cleaning the house and other projects…I have appreciated this time during each day, because it has given me a chance to listen to the Father and spend time “talking” to Him throughout my whole day. Doing this while I scrub the toilet or wash the dishes gets my mind off of the things that can cloud my mind and get me down.
Anyway, the other day, while I was cleaning a song popped into my head. It’s a song that brings tears to my eyes every time I hear or think of it…and it’s also a song that reminds me that God truly does care about my little corner of the world!
---
The song is by Natalie Grant, entitled "Held"
They let him go.
They had no sudden healing.
To think that providence would
Take a child from his mother while she prays
Is appalling.
Who told us we'd be rescued?
What has changed and why should we be saved from nightmares?
We're asking why this happens
To us who have died to live?
It's unfair.
Chorus:
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we'd be held.
This hand is bitterness.
We want to taste it, let the hatred numb our sorrow.
The wise hands opens slowly to lilies of the valley and tomorrow.
(Chorus)
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we'd be held.
Bridge:
If hope is born of suffering.
If this is only the beginning.
Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior?
(Chorus)
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we'd be held.
----
So in the middle of my day, I sat down and poured out my heart to the Lord; and what do you know...I felt His arms wrap around me and hold me.
Being held...
~kate
p.s. this song is below in the music player...listen to it, if you have time :)
1 comment:
Ah, my favorite daughter in law, how you encourage my heart. I know this very song, it's near and dear to my heart, Tanya's little son was just 2 months old when he went to live with Jesus. When we are weak, He is strong. I love you will all of my heart.
Post a Comment