Saturday, October 4, 2008

Well...

In one of my posts dated back to the beginning of September...I mentioned that I hoped to have some more exciting news to share than just my daily ramblings...
so here is the rest of the story...

So, about a month and a half ago...Stephen received an email from one of his former pastor's. In it he mentioned that the church he is now working for might be looking for an assistant pastor to help him share the responsibilities. After a few more emails back and forth...this pastor friend encouraged Stephen to put together a stellar resume and send it off to him as soon as possible. This came as an answer to prayer for Stephen and I as we have been thinking and praying about our future...constantly.
So in response to this email, Stephen sent off his resume and cover letter.
I think we were both giddy with excitement! We also immediately started praying that if this was in our future...then we would have a complete peace about the process. However, at the same time we also asked the Lord to equally make it as clear to us if this option was not for us.
Well, after waiting for more than a month...we (especially Stephen) have been chomping at the bit in anticipation of the church's decision.
Earlier this week we received word on the status of this job offer...
and unfortunately at this time...the church is unable to sustain another full-time employee for budget reasons.
Not quite the answer/decision we would have liked to hear, however God did answer our prayers! And it was an experience as well as a test of faith and patience.

So...where does that leave us now?

Stephen and I have decided that he is going to actively pursue enlisting in the Air Force by the end of this year. Sure, this is pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum from working in a church, but at this time we feel that this is where God is leading us. Plus, we have a peace about this decision! And, I ask all of you to join us in prayer as we prepare for this life...

Well, this is not quite how I had envisioned this post turning out, but we are both excited about the ministry opportunities this will present for us in our future.

Until next time ~ kate

1 comment:

Chels said...

i am praying for you guys katy.