Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The beauty of friendship...

This past weekend Stephen finally had a couple of days off from work!
- happy dance -
So we took this opportunity to scoot out of town to visit some close friends of ours in Birmingham. We were also able to go to our home church (Altadena Valley Presbyterian Church) on Sunday...so refreshing.
I think I had forgotten how much I missed attending AVPC every Sunday!
You know, I have thought about our church and the friends we made while attending there...however, I do not think that I had really let the reality of not being there to sink in until we were sitting in church this past Sunday. And now (more than ever), I wish we could just move the church and the people down here close to us.
However, I know that would not be possible. :(
So, to those of you from AVPC...we miss you guys and it was really wonderful to see you all on Sunday :)

Anyway...

Regarding the title of this post..."the beauty of friendship".
While in high school, I struggled with feeling like I never fit in, a lot! I mean, I had my close circle of friends, but sometimes I think that my pride would get in the way of cultivating even those friendships at times. This trend continued through college. And though I have my circle of friends that I met while in college (yes, that would be you - Alli, Rebecca, Joy - to name a few)...it was not until Stephen and I started attending Altadena that I found a friend I could confide in my deepest thoughts (apart from my husband) :) and one who would accept for me for me.
Her name is Lory.
This past weekend, I had the priviledge of spending time with her and her sweet family. And one of the greatest things about our friendship is that her husband is among Stephen's close friends too...so we both always have fun when we are with them! Then there are her two wonderfully adorable kids (Hattye and Hud-Hud)...we love and miss their great hugs and cheers whenever we would see them!
So, Lory, if you are reading this...thank you, thank you, thank you for always having an ear to listen to my ramblings of life! I am so thankful that even though we do not always have the opportunity to talk now...we rarely (if ever) have a problem finding something to chat about, and that warms my heart! :)

Well, I guess that about does it for me today...until next time ~ peace!
~kate

2 comments:

Jamie and Joy George said...

Hey Katy!! sounds like you guys had a good time in B'ham.
We really should catch up sometime.
I'll give you a call sometime soon.
I enjoy staying caught up on you and Stephen's life via your blog. Keep it up.
Love ya, Joy

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

thanks joy!
i miss seeing your sweet face every once in while...it's tough living so far away :(
but please call away...i would love to chat a bit :)
looking forward to it...
~k