after nine and a half weeks of working at Camp Victory...we are home.
Over the past few weeks, both Stephen and I have grown not only in our marriage, but especially in our trust in the Lord. See...at the beginning of July we found out some very big news...we are going to be parents ~ in February 2010! Yes, that's right...I am pregnant, we are beyond thrilled and at times a little overwhelmed; but aside from us being overwhelmed...this news caused us to fall to our knees and thank the Lord that we could actually have a family of our own.
However, just about two weeks after we found out this big news...I had a threatened miscarriage. It was pretty scary, but once again we found ourselves on our knees praying for not only my health and safety, but especially for the health and safety of our growing baby.
Thankfully, everything was and still is just fine with both myself and our little "blueberry".
And yesterday, I reached the 11th week mark! My o.b. said that he will feel more at ease once I reach 14 weeks...that is just around the corner... but we are taking one week at a time :)
In other news, now that we are home, this means that Stephen is one step closer to leaving for Basic Training ~ he has just about six weeks left before he leaves. And though, him leaving means that we will not be together for a few months...it also means that we will be starting a new journey that will last for at least the next six years or so. I am excited...and Stephen is excited!
And I am so thankful that we will be together on this journey...especially come February :)
Well, I guess that about does it for now...we are home and thankful for what this summer held for us and expectant of what the future will hold as well.
Until next time ~ kate
No comments:
Post a Comment