I apologize for not posting anything new in over a month...there have been many other things filling my mind and life lately. Pretty much the whole of it brings us to today ~ D-day ("D" is for departure, just in case you are scratching your heads from that one).
My husband left at about 1:00 pm this afternoon to begin his new career serving in the U.S. Army as Specialist Holmes.
So...today was pretty rough on this wife (and expectant mom).
Granted, this is what S and I have prepared ourselves for since April, but it does not make the "goodbye" part of it any easier, and add an extra dose of hormones to the mix, you then have one basket-case on your hands ~ me.
I failed miserably when we hugged and kissed goodbye ~ I really wanted to be strong for S, so he would not worry about me, but that went out the window when I looked him in the eyes and he said "I love you!" And even as I type this right now...I am getting misty-eyed and finding myself having to stop and take a deep breath and remember that we can get through this...it's only nine weeks...and then we will be together again.
only nine weeks.
only nine weeks.
...
So, for the next nine weeks (more or less), I may be a little more emotional over little things, take it easy on me... but I will try my bestest to post more often.
Until next time ~ kate
4 comments:
I am a faithful reader! I love knowing what's going on with you guys miles and miles away... :) Hang in there, sweet girl!
i am a faithful reader as well. I need to know what's going on with mamma katy:) we will be praying for you. i know this has to be hard. stay strong in the Lord and He will see you through.
Cling to the One who has you BOTH in His hands. I love you girl and keep you in my prayers often! BTW are you going to find out the sex of your little blueberry??
thanks girls for the prayers! I know that we will get through this time of Stephen being away ~ I am already counting down the days ;)
yes, Rebecca ~ we will be finding out the sex of the baby...at my next appt. on September 30th! I am so excited ~ but I have to wait until I know for sure that Stephen has received the letter that I will send him after my appt. to let him know, before I can tell anyone else! But I cannot wait!!
Post a Comment