Friday, September 25, 2009

Late Friday night thoughts...

This evening my mom and I watched "Meet the Robinsons" ~ and I was reminded, yet again, what a great film it truly is, and it's family-friendly too (which is always a plus). Anyway at the end of the movie there is a beautiful quote, it struck me and me smile, so I figured I would share it with you guys...
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards very long.
We keep moving forward,
opening up new doors and doing new things,
because we're cautious...
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
~ Walt Disney

I admire Walt Disney for the legacy he left behind in film and entertainment, and I also admire him for who he was as an individual. He was a very admirable gentleman and I think it is absolutely wonderful that for the majority of his life, his quest was to help children (both small and big) laugh and dream through his cartoons and ideas. And he kept moving forward, even in the difficult times.

What an inspiration for us all ~ to keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things!

I know for me, each new day brings a host of challenges...and I have to remind myself to keep moving forward.
Because...each new day means ~
I am one step closer to being reunited with my husband...
I am one step closer to holding our baby in February, and most of all...
I am one step closer to Heaven.
I think it is magnificent that the Lord has prepared a place for His children...and though I am so thankful for the life I have right now, nothing compares to His promise of what is to come for those who seek Him!
Now, I will say that I think it is imperative that we do not lose sight of where God has placed us right now. I often have to remind myself to seize the moment...and not let the past or the future allow me to forget that where I am is exactly where God has placed me for a perfect reason. And even though it is so much easier for me to look forward to such moments as the joyous reunion for Stephen and I, God has me right here...for a reason...even if it is sometimes difficult to see.
And I have learned that at least for now ~
I am here to grow more deeply in my faith and my relationship with the Lord...
I am here to bless my parents by cooking dinner and spending quality time with them...
I am here to grow this child of mine to be strong and healthy, and...
I am here to honor God.
What an amazing gift I have been given...and even though sometimes I forget...for tonight I remember :)

Well, it is late and I need to get sleep...thanks for reading/listening to my late night, rather deep, thoughts...

Until next time ~ kate

No comments: