Friday, October 30, 2009

Held...

I think at the moment I am mustering up all the courage I have in me not to fall to pieces.
And I think the worst part about waiting for my ultrasound on Tuesday is the part about not knowing what is going on exactly.
Let me explain...
Yesterday (Thursday), I went in for my scheduled o.b. appt. and my doctor said that he was a little concerned about the thickness of my cervix. From the ultrasound I had just over a month ago, he said that it looked like it was a little thinner than it ought to be at this stage in my pregnancy. Are you kidding me? I was completed confused and not sure what to think at that very moment when he said this. He went on to reassure me that there is probably no reason to be concerned, but he did want to take some more measurements via another ultrasound next week, Tuesday to be exact.
Of course, when I got home, I made the mistake of going online and searching for more information about a thinning cervix in the 2nd trimester, and as I was reading my results, I fell to pieces. I cried...a lot.
Then I decided it was best to close my laptop and call some family and friends to help me to not dwell on the topic, especially since nothing is confirmed yet.
I really wish Stephen were here instead of in Missouri right now for BCT...it may not make this uncertainty any easier, but I do know that he would help to ease my worries ~ he always has a way of calming me down and reminding me that God is in control. I sure do miss that guy!
On the up side though, I get to see our little girl on the big screen again on Tuesday! However, on the down side, I may have to go on bed rest so as to not induce premature labor ~ we need her to stay put for at least another 14 weeks (preferably more) to help her grow strong and healthy.

So, if you think of it...we sure would appreciate any and all prayers for our little blueberry and I right now. As my mom reminded me last night, God can perform miracles ~ we sure do serve a BIG God! And He has both Annelise and I in the palm of His hand, and He knows exactly what is going on...so I am trying to take comfort in that.
Anyway, I know this is not the most "uppity" post I have ever published, but it is what is on my heart at the moment, so I thought I would share...

Being held ~ kate

2 comments:

the smiths said...

Oh my! We definitely are praying...

Rebecca M. said...

It sure IS comforting to know we are being held no matter what happens!

Praying for you to stay calm and that all goes well on Tues. <3 you sweet friend!