Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hi I'm Kate...

and I am slacker.
~sigh~
So, it has almost been a month since I last posted something new on here...oops!
Life has been pretty crazy around here and I do not foresee it slowing down anytime soon either. About three weeks ago my parents and I traveled down to Orlando to visit my sister and her family...and my other sister and her fiancee met us down there! We celebrated my middle sister, Ashley's 29th birthday by us all going to Disney World for the day...it was tons of fun, even though I was limited in what rides I could go on being pregnant. We celebrated Thanksgiving really early while we were all together (though minus my husband of course)...and we celebrated with Ashley and her boyfriend, now fiancee ~ Joey as he had just proposed to her the night before they flew down to Florida for the weekend! So we had quite the excitement in the Tyner household for the weekend we were all together!
I stayed down in Florida after my mom and dad and my sister and soon to be brother-in-law all left. I spent my days drawing with my youngest niece, playing games with all three of my beautiful nieces, and all-in-all just having fun with my sister, Melanie and her sweet family.
Now I am home...only to turn around next week and fly up to Maine for two weeks to spend time with Stephen's family! My dad says the only reason I came home from Florida was because I have a doctor's appt. today...but really I came home so that I would have time between my two trips to actually be home and spend time with my parents...promise! Although, I did have fun on my extended trip! :)
So, as I said, next week I will be flying up to cold, cold Maine to visit Stephen's family! I am really excited about seeing everyone...even though I know it is really cold up there already, I say "bring it"...there is nothing too cold for this hormonal, pregnant lady :)
After my return to the south, I will actually turn around the following week (Thanksgiving week) and fly, with my mom, to Missouri to attend the graduation of my soldier from Basic Combat Training. This is the trip that I am most looking forward to...I have not seen my husband in...forever, (or so it feels) and I cannot wait to hug his neck and celebrate with him! He will actually be graduating the day before Thanksgiving and he will get a day pass on Thanksgiving Day to leave post...so you better believe that the three of us will find the best restaurant around and have a delightful meal together, all the while being so thankful to just be together for a day.
So, like I said...life will not slow down any time soon! But I am enjoying the ride...or at least trying to make the most of it while Stephen and I are apart.
Oh...and did I mention that my sister will be getting married the first weekend of December? Well she is, and so throw all the hustle and bustle that goes along with wedding preparations into the mix and we have ourselves a whirlwind of events over the course of the next month or so. I am truly thrilled and very excited for my sister though...and you can tell by just looking at her how happy she truly is...and that makes her little sister happy too.

Well, I guess that about concludes my whirlwind post, I will try and update this ol' blog when I can. And next time I will post some pictures...my belly is growing and growing these days...and I thank the Lord each and every time I feel our little Annelise move or kick, it brings a smile to my face no matter what.

So until next time ~ kate

1 comment:

Ashley Davis said...

wowsers, how do you handle all that and be pregnant? i hope you're taking lots of naps!

thats so sweet you get to see Stephen graduate. Thats in less than a month!