Annelise Elizabeth
This past Wednesday (Sept. 30th), we found out that we are expecting a little girl in February! It was absolutely incredible to see her up on the screen in the doctor's office...words just cannot describe the emotions running through me at that moment. I wished that Stephen could have been there, but I am also very grateful to him for what he is doing right now for our family. Yesterday, I talked to my soldier and decided not to make him wait for the letter I sent to him with the news...I instead told him over the phone. And it was a moment I will not too soon forget, either! We are both counting our blessings and are so, so thankful that our little girl is growing perfectly inside the womb for the time being.
Now, about the name we have chosen...
Annelise ~ is Danish in origin and depending on where you look...it means "Graceful light" or "Consecrated to God" ~ I absolutely love both meanings! The reason we chose this name is in honor of my beloved grandfather and his heritage, see my great grandparents were immigrants to the U.S. from Denmark just a few years before my grandfather was born in February 1915.
Elizabeth ~ is Biblical in origin, and just like the name Annelise, depending on where you look...it means "My God is bountiful" or "Consecrated to God". Elizabeth is a family name on my side ~ it was my great aunt's middle name, my mother's middle name, my sister, Ashley's first name, my niece, Lauren's middle name...and now Annelise's middle name.
Stephen and I are beyond thrilled and cannot wait to hold our little girl, Annelise, in February :)
Until next time ~ kate
5 comments:
Love her name! SO happy for you! You'll love having a girl for a first born! Ruthie is my super helper!
Beautiful!
What a beautiful name!!! Such exciting news! :)
yeah!! you're 1/2 way from meeting you Annelise. So exciting. I love the meanings of the names.
Congratulations! God is so good!
We had our little girl two weeks ago. I can't believe how quickly I have adapted to pink!
Post a Comment