Grover William Tyner is lovingly known as Billy (by his wife, some family, and friends) and Daddy (by his his daughters). Today on this 17th of May he was born years ago to a strong fisherman father, a great cooking mother, and seven brothers and sisters in a little town on Florida's shoreline. Then just over twenty years or so years ago...I came into his life making him a father once again, after already having two wonderful daughters. Words cannot express the joy that fills my heart when I spend time with my dad. He is a helicopter pilot, a golfer, a singer...but most of all he is the father to three girls and a husband to my mother...he once told me that he would give up all his achievements just to remain our father...even golf :) I smiled when he said that, cause I know how much he loves golf...but I also know he loves his girls very much too.
Anyway, I wish there were some way to show and thank him for being the father he was, is, and will continue to be in my life. He has worked so hard to provide for his family through the years...and I hope that in the future, I am half the parent to my children that my parents both were to me and my sisters.
So, on this day...I would like to wish my dad...a wonderful and spectacular birthday! I love you so much, Daddy!
~kate
No comments:
Post a Comment