
So Katy and I have made if for a full year. It is hard to believe that she has been able to put up with me for that long :) No, all joking aside it has been an incredibly fast year. We were talking about it the other day and could not believe it was a year ago that we were saying "I Do". I know that Katy is usually the one to post the blogs on this site but I figured I might give it a try as well. Anyway, the cabin you see on the right is where we stayed for our anniversary. Katy found this little B&B online and thought it looked nice. So we decided we would try it out. The main part of the B&B had four rooms that you could stay in if you wanted. But they also had four cabins that are available to rent. The one we st

ayed in is called the "Sugar Shack". It was a lot smaller than it looked on the website, however it was very nice. The view out the back door was amazing. It was very secluded and made the weekend very enjoyable. We had originally discussed just spending one night at the B&B but we ended up deciding to stay for two nights. I am glad that we did. When you only stay at a place for one night it can get frustrating because you don't really get a chance to relax. You have to be at check-in on time and then the next morning you have to make sure you get out on time. Since we stayed for two nights we really got a chance to enjoy a day together.
There were a lot of really nice things about the B&B where we stayed. One of the coolest things that Katy and I took advantage of was the pool that was on the roof. We have a picture of it but when you see it on the picture it just isn't as impressive as seeing it with your own eyes. It was really cool you could swim and be completely alone. When you looked off the deck from the pool you saw the mountains spread below you and it really was b-e-a-utiful. The second day Katy and I were there we pretty much spent our time between the pool and watching old movies they had a collection of. All the movies where on VHS and it was kinda like going back in time after living in the DVD age :)

The couple that ran the B&B were really nice. I don't think that you could run a B&B without being that type of person, at least a nice B&B. They had decorated the area with neat little "love bird" things like the kissing tree above. They also had a collection of old memorabilia and other trinkets. There was one lady there that Katy was having trouble with (as you can see below). She seemed to be a little on the wild side and couldn't stop staring at me. I thought Katy was going to rip

her eyes out, but we made it through the weekend ok :)
The couple that owned the B&B talked a lot about what they had done over the years and where they had traveled. Low and behold they currently where interested in traveling to Maine. I told them I wish I could help them, but I didn't know anyone who had ever been too or currently lived in Maine :) I told them where they should go if they ever ended up in Maine, so Dad & Mom sorry if you get a strange house guest in the next year! They also told us that their son-in-law is one of the singers in the band Mercy Me. That just made Katy's day, since Katy's favorite band is MM. One of the things I liked the most about the place was the breakfast table. They had the most unique table I have ever seen. It was a big round table, I bet 15 people could be seated there no problem. In the middle of the table was a raised round disc. The disc was big enough so that each person could touch it but was small enough that you could fit each place setting you needed. When they would serve breakfast they would put all the food on the disc in the middle of the table, then all you had to do if you wanted something was to spin the disc.

Well, I have done all this talking about the B&B and not said much about my bride and myself. It was our anniversary! I can't believe how blessed I am. I have such a beautiful bride, she is definitely a dream come true for me. She has been a source of comfort and support for me that I could never have thought possible. I know that no relationship is perfect, but I also know that I would not want to be going through this life with anyone else. I know I am not an easy person to live with sometimes yet she makes it seem so easy. I want to take this opportunity to tell her how much I love her and what a joy she is to me. I look forward to growing old with you, babe. I can't imagine living a life like many people in the world and not having someone with you that you know is not going to leave at the first sign of trouble. The security that God has place in a Christian relationship is amazing and I am looking forward to learning more about that every day. As for the actual anniversary, I think that Katy and I had a pretty good time. We spent a lot of time together just talking, swimming and doing other various married things, and it was wonderful. Between the two jobs we have right now we don't get a lot of time together and this was a wonderful weekend to do just that. So I hope you have enjoyed the pictures, if you want to know more about the B&B just let us know :)
1 comment:
Hey stephen and katy congradulations!!! I have something for you but it is not do so I will email it when it is finished!!!
love you
Jenny
Post a Comment