Friday, August 17, 2007

My Mother

My mother, Margaret Elizabeth Tyner, is a wonderful mom, this goes without saying though! She is truly an amazing woman of God. And today is her birthday and even though my sisters and I know how old she is turning...I will spare her from the embarassment by not telling you...but I can say she definitely does not look as old as she is turning this year...she is very youthful looking to me (maybe that is where I get it from, since people have said that I do not look as old as I really am...anyway, I am rambling...on with the post).
I just wanted to take a moment on this wonderful day to let her know how much I love and cherish her...she has sacrificed so much for her daughters...and I am forever grateful for her being willing to quit teaching public school for a time so that she could spend more time with Ash and I and homeschool us through the remainder of our growing up years. Though there were times when she and my dad probably questioned why they had done so, they persevered and for that I am so very thankful because I truly believe that is what significantly helped me become the woman I am today.
I know there were times when she and I butted heads, but I knew in my heart then and I still know now that though the "growing pains" hurt at the time, they obviously did not significantly scar either of us and now...even though I do not get to see her very often, I feel closer to her because of those years.
Anyway, I just you to know, mom, that I sure hope that on this wonderful day...you feel extra special and I hope that your little children in your class make you feel as such! (because you are to me...SUPER mom) :)

No comments: