Stephen and I had an amazing reminder on Sunday as we were listening to the sermon being preached from the pulpit at our church.
We both were so encouraged!
The sermon was all about waiting on God and His timing.
Lately, both Stephen and I, have been discussing and praying about where and what we are to do come May, when Stephen graduates. It has been frustrating at times, because at the moment we feel like we are watching and hearing of others who are at the same “crossroads” and God has clearly told them where they should go. But here we are…still searching for answers.
So while we were sitting there in church on Sunday. God reminded us that we are to wait on Him and His perfect timing.
And yesterday as I was at work, a verse came to mind concerning waiting and it made tears well up, because I was reminded that though God is so big and cares for many, He also loves us so much to care about us and the decisions we make (or are making)!
The verse that came to mind was, Isaiah 40:31 and it says,
“But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint” (esv).
How amazing and encouraging is that verse?!
Anyway, Stephen and I both are so thankful that we were reminded to wait…to wait on God and He will make our path clear to us in due time.
I guess that is all for now…
~kate
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
waiting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I did read this the other day and was encouraged to hear that we are not alone in our waiting. And...was encouraged by the idea of just sitting in the waiting. sometimes that's how life is, i think! Thanks, girl! :)
Post a Comment