Friday, February 15, 2008

Be my Valentine...

Yesterday was…Valentine’s Day. A day of romance. A day to express your love to someone…whether it be a significant other, a loved one or a close friend…it’s a day to love. Some people may think that it is more of a commercialized “holiday” than really is necessary…but for others it is a day to treat that special someone extra special.
Growing up, my dad would normally buy my mother something super special and then for his girls…he would get us a card and either a teddy bear or another stuffed animal and some candy. I always enjoyed getting these things from my dad, I always felt so loved!

Now-a-days…my husband is the one I receive something special from on this day. He is always so thoughtful! And last night was no exception. I arrived home from work to a straightened and neat apartment with cool jazz playing in the background…a dining table trimmed with two glasses of wine…a vase of my favorite flowers (lilies)… candles…a wonderful meal…and the best dessert ever (chocolate covered strawberries)!
It was very sweet.
I could not have asked for a better Valentine’s evening than to spend it in the comfort of our apartment…just the two of us (and did I mention that stephen did the cooking? well, he did. as of right now…he is a way better cook than I am, but one day that will hopefully change).
I simply enjoyed my evening with my husband quite thoroughly!

I will post a picture or two in the next few days to give you a glimpse of the dinner we enjoyed together…and also one of the flowers!

Until next time…I hope you enjoyed your Valentine’s Day! I know I did.

~kate

2 comments:

the smiths said...

Awww..that sounds very sweet! :)

Mae said...

so sweet...and romantic!!!