Well, as I sit here at my parent's house, I am surrounded by my family. My thoughts are with my grandfather. A couple weeks ago I posted a tribute on his birthday, honoring him for the 93 years of life he lived. This past Sunday night at around 10:30 pm or so, he entered the gates of heaven. Reuniting himself with lost loved ones such as my grandmother, Vara Lee, who passed away just over four years ago, my great-grandmother, Katherine (my namesake), who died when my grandfather was four years old, and many others as well.
We were all here...my mom, dad, and my two sisters, Melanie and Ashley.
Yes, there were many tears shed by all of us, but at the end of the long struggle he had over the past couple of months, he drew his final breath having lived a full, thrilling and happy life.
A verse comes to mind...it’s found in 2 Corinthians 5, verse 8:
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."
I know my grandfather is at rest now, and although we all miss him greatly, we also know that he is now dancing on the streets of gold or rather he is probably walking with the Father, what a picture :).
Anyway, I guess that is all for now. I will hopefully get back to a normal routine next week. Until then, if you think about it, my family and I would greatly appreciate your prayers through this time.
2 comments:
Praying for you sweet friend!
sweet, katy, i am thinking of you and ashley during this time.
Post a Comment