Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So...

My intention for this year has been to try and post an entry on here at least once a week…obviously, I have not accomplished this. However, let me explain our past week for you.
It all started with the annual Missions Conference at Southeastern Bible College. Dr Billy Kim of the Far East Broadcasting Company in South Korea was our keynote speaker. He brought with him the beautiful and talented Korean Children’s Choir (as seen below).
SEBC’s Missions Conference was from Monday to Wednesday (including evening services on Monday and Tuesday). It was a wonderful time of encouragement!
The remainder of the work week was somewhat typical, but then Friday evening launched the annual Missions Conference at our church, Altadena Valley Presbyterian Church. Therefore, our weekend was filled with evening dinners in some of our member’s homes. A service project for the junior and senior high youth on Saturday morning filled with tons yard work. There were also services on Sunday morning as well as on Sunday evening followed by a church-wide family dinner to close out the weekend’s events.

So, we are quite exhausted from such excitement that last week had to offer us. However, though the week was tiring, Stephen and I were both encouraged through it all.

On another note, a couple of posts ago, I included a picture of Stephen and me from a recent wedding of a friend of mine. Well, here is one more picture from this winter wedding! As you will (hopefully) see…I was a bridesmaid!
It was tons of fun to be in this wedding, which by the way was my first time being in one apart from my own.
Anyway, I guess that is about all that I have to say for now. Stephen and I hope that you are having a fun-filled week!
~kate

No comments: