Today, my thoughts are centered on the incredible meaning of this upcoming weekend…Easter. Tomorrow is Good Friday…and at this moment I am overwhelmed with gratefulness as I think about the sacrifice that our Father in Heaven made so that we might be washed clean of our filthy “rags” and have fellowship with Him once again.
In today’s world…the meaning of Easter has become more commercialized through the years than I think most people truly like or care for. Many children eagerly await Easter Egg Hunts, eating lots of candy, and waiting for the Easter Bunny to hit the malls around the globe. And while all of this fun is well and good…it seems to me that Easter has become less about Christ and more about candy.Thankfully, there are still many who celebrate the true meaning and significance of Easter.
For all of you who do…S and I pray that you would remember the cross and praise the Lord for the great things He has done for us…
“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” ~Romans 5:8
And just for the fun of it...Happy Keester! :)
~katep.s. ~ I just wanted to clarify...celebrating for the fun reason, is not bad. I actually grew up in a home that every Easter my sisters and I received something special on Easter morning. However, I am saying that when you lay aside the real reason Easter is celebrated...then you kind of lose perspective on what is truly important in life.
1 comment:
Hey Katy,
Joy here, I added you to our blog page. Make sure you add us.
http://jamieandjoy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment