So here we are...it's 2009!!
Stephen and I hope that all of you have had a joyous new year thus far.
This year promises to be a year of a lot of changes for us.
Leading up to the holidays, Stephen and I thought for sure that we would be ringing in the new year preparing to move to another state with Stephen starting a new job as an assistant pastor of a small (but growing) church in Pennsylvania. Well...after much prayer, plus a trip up to PA, we have determined that this move is not for us at this time.
From PA, we ventured on up to Maine to surprise Stephen's family for Thanksgiving...as mentioned in a couple of previous posts. While in Maine...another opportunity presented itself to Stephen, for him to possibly be able to work in the church that he was a part of during high school. We prayerfully thought about this possible opportunity as well.
However, at the moment, we feel that our best option is for Stephen to continue working towards entering the military. Then after spending a few years serving our country (and traveling to new places) we will reevaluate where we feel the Lord is leading and venture on accordingly.
Stephen and I are quite excited to begin this journey...but we do ask that you keep us in your prayers as we venture out on this amazing voyage.
So, like I said, 2009 holds quite a lot of promise for us and we are eager to see how the Lord works in our lives both individually and together. We also pray that the Lord continues to remind us how faithful He is in all of our lives...we do indeed serve a BIG God!
Until next time ~ kate
2 comments:
Praying for you Friends. Happy New Year!
I will keep you both in my prayers as you continue on your journey. I know God has a lot in store for you both.
Post a Comment