While there...on Saturday, we went on a hike...in the rain. We spent a couple hours at REI perusing their "after Christmas sale" to find backpacking equipment for Ash and mom. (Joey, Ash, and my mom will be venturing out on a backpacking trip in the Appalachian mountains for a few days during my mom's spring break...not too long from now)
On Sunday, all four of us attended church; then after church...we headed back to my sister's place and then my mom and I packed up the car to head home...
...and did I mention that we also engulfed copious amounts of hot tea while there...? :)
Anyway...though we had a wonderful weekend visiting my sister, the drive home on Sunday was not so fun.
It started out alright, but then about 30 to 40 minutes after we stopped for a late lunch in Opelika, I realized that I had left my purse at the restaurant...yikes! My mom immediately looked up the number to Quiznos and called them; only to find out that my purse was no longer there!! From there...as we drove back to Opelika...my mom called Stephen and between the two of them they managed to cancel all my debit cards, but only after a couple charges had been made by the person in possession of my purse! Once we arrived in town...we went directly to the Police Department to file a report of stolen property. From there we continued our drive home...arriving home a whole lot later than we had originally planned.
Needless to say, this is not the way I imagined our drive home turning out...what a nightmare!
Since returning home, I have spent the majority of my week on the phone with the police department answering more questions and then also going to each of our banks disputing the charges that were made fraudulently...all in all the person made away with over $400 worth of stuff!
I am asking for all (three) of you who read our blog to pray that this whole situation works itself out...I am still hopeful, at the moment.
So that was my weekend...how was yours?
~kate
**Additionally**
The worship service on Sunday was one of the most worshipful I have attended in quite some time...actually since Stephen and I left AVPC (we sure do miss our church family in Birmingham). Anyway, I was reminded of just how much our Father in Heaven loves even me and also cares about my life! Though this seems like such a basic thought, it brought me to tears to be reminded that He loves me unconditionally...and I really needed that reminder.
I think it is such a beautiful thing that we are able to worship so freely in our country...may we never take for granted such freedom.
The worship service on Sunday was one of the most worshipful I have attended in quite some time...actually since Stephen and I left AVPC (we sure do miss our church family in Birmingham). Anyway, I was reminded of just how much our Father in Heaven loves even me and also cares about my life! Though this seems like such a basic thought, it brought me to tears to be reminded that He loves me unconditionally...and I really needed that reminder.
I think it is such a beautiful thing that we are able to worship so freely in our country...may we never take for granted such freedom.
4 comments:
Yikes! I hope you get the money back somehow (insurance? hmmm not sure how those things work) On the bright side...can you say purse shopping =) Well back to being serious, I am praying for you and hope this weekend is much better!
I read, and I'm praying!
I love you!
Wow! That's crazy! Will be praying that it all works out and you don't have to pay those charges!
thus far we have been reimbursed for two of the four transactions...and the other two are being processed.
rebecca ~ my mom said the same thing about my purse...stephen took me out the other day to buy a new wallet...so now i am just waiting on being able to buy a new purse!
all ~ thanks for the prayers :)
~katy
Post a Comment