Friday, January 23, 2009

In the Army...almost

Stephen is so close to entering the military...we can taste it. Right now, S is pretty much just waiting on some paperwork to be processed and then he will head off to M.E.P.S. (note that I have no clue what that stands for) and from there he will be ready to leave for Basic Training, then A.I.T. (again, I have no clue what that stands for either).
So...pretty soon my husband will not only be strong but he will also be...
Once S finishes all of his training we will move wherever the Army sends us, and needless to say, we are both quite excited! However, we are asking that you guys pray for us as we are apart for a few months, pray for Stephen while he is in training, and for me as I hold down the fort and "twiddle my thumbs" (not really) while S is away. And though we are both familiar with the military, it is a new adventure for us to experience together...so please pray that we will keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and lean on Him for our strength and every need.

Until next time...
~kate

3 comments:

Rebecca M. said...

That's great!
(Military Entrance Processing Station, Advance Individual Training)
=)

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

thanks girl...there are SO many abbreviations in the military...I hope I will eventually learn the majority of them...we shall see :)
~katy

Anonymous said...

Katy,
I am happy for you guys! It would be so cool if you got an overseas assignment! I talked with Stephen today and it sounds like he has found where God wants him to be. That is wonderful for you guys. We will be praying for you and the journey you are about to begin. We love you guys! Love, Tanya