Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Five Years Ago...

Five years ago...I answered my cell phone and heard a very nervous voice on the other end of the line. I had not been feeling very well that day and so as I got my bearings and realized that I had actually fallen asleep, I listened as the guy on the other end asked me out to dinner.
I was so excited!
See, I had developed a crush on this really hot guy named, Stephen Holmes and figured that I had blown any chance of him ever asking me out again...after I had turned him down the first time he asked me out to lunch. Honestly, I really have no reason as to why I turned him down the first time, other than I was probably beyond nervous, but this is beside the point, so back to the story...
Anyway, I accepted his "offer" to dinner and told him to give me fifteen minutes and I would be ready to go. I immediately rushed to find the perfect thing to wear and fixed my hair as well...then I was out the door. I was so nervous!
The restaurant that was chosen was a little deli in Homewood...Chappy's, it was the perfect place for our first date! I think I ordered the soup of the day and Stephen ordered a sandwich. Our conversation was sweet and flowed very easily! Towards the end of our dinner, Stephen very sweetly asked me what I thought about him calling my father to ask him for permission to date his daughter...me. I, of course, said yes...I was thrilled and also at this point on cloud nine!
The rest of our evening entailed a nice walk around the park and then we stopped by his work place and I met a couple of his friends at the store. It was the most perfect "first" date...ever.
And as many would say...the rest is history. Stephen proposed a year and a half after we started dating, in July of 2005, and then we were married in June of 2006...the day I became "Mrs. Stephen J. Holmes".
I really cannot believe that it has been five years since we first started dating...time sure does fly when you are with the one you love and having fun! I cannot imagine life being any different than it is right now...I am so thankful that Stephen and I's paths crossed and that we are now enjoying this adventure called life together!

and just for kicks...
here is our first picture taken together in March of 2004