So yesterday marked the day I officially turned 25 years old ~ at about 9:15 am (Wednesday, April 29th)! :)
I spent the day celebrating at Disney World (pictures to come soon) thanks to their promotional offer this year (click here to check it out). My sister ~ Mel, her three girls, and I headed out to Disney in the morning to kick off the celebratory day and then my brother-in-law joined us after he got off work...it was loads of fun! Plus we ended the night by watching the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom ~ and I must say that the fireworks could not have been a better ending to a wonderful day.
Yesterday also marked the start of a new journey for Stephen and I...while I was "playing" down here at Disney...Stephen was up at MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station), and while he was there he was sworn into service for our country on my birthday ~ what a special memory!
The only thing that was lacking yesterday was Stephen and I being together ~ I only wish we could have been...but we were together in "spirit" as well as a couple phone calls and text messages. :) I miss you sweetie...and I cannot wait to see you today!
Now, more about the Military...S is scheduled to leave for Basic Training in the middle of September. He will be heading off to Missouri for this, and then once he completes basic he will be transported down to Texas for his year long individual training (AIT) and I will join him there. So until then, this summer we will both be working at Camp Victory. And then once summer camp is over, S will be preparing to leave and I will be trying not think about us not being together for a period of time...but I am confident that we will survive. Have you ever heard of the saying "absence makes the heart grown fonder"? Well I am sure both S and I will agree that this quote is true when we are on the other side of his training, right babe?
Well, I guess that is all for S and I at this time...I apologize that it has been so long since I have updated ~ life has been super busy and blogging was just placed on the back burner for about a month ;)
Until next time ~ kate
1 comment:
How fun to be at Disney Katy! Do you know, will he be at Ft Hood for AIT? If so, perhaps my parents will still be there.
Post a Comment