Monday, November 30, 2009

November Whirlwind...

Well, as I said in a previous post...this month I have been on the road visiting family and then, the best part of all, seeing my husband graduate from Basic Combat Training in Missouri and spending Thanksgiving with him and my mom. Needless to say, I am thankful to finally be home and not living out of my suitcase anymore, even though I did have a blast on my trips!

At my in-laws house in Maine with our sweet little niece, Kaitlynn

With my husband and soldier, following his graduation from BCT :)

At this point, Stephen and I have moved into a new phase of our lives. He is about to begin his Advanced Individual Training in Texas and I am here, in Alabama, working on growing our little girl, due to arrive in February. I really wish we could be together, but soon enough we will and all will be right with the world again!

In regards to my pregnancy, I am officially 28 weeks along today, and one week into my third trimester (wait, what?!). I went in for a doctor's appointment today and doc says that I am measuring right on track and everything looks perfect!! Praise the Lord! Each time I feel Annelise move, I smile (even when it hurts) and I am so thankful that we have made it this far...so today, I am counting my blessings!
On a different note, this weekend I had my first encounter with a complete stranger who made a not so nice expression/comment after I responded to her questions.

Picture this scenario:
My mom, sister, and I are in a shoe store looking for...well, shoes.
lady who works in the store asks: "When are you due?"
my response: "in February :)"
lady, with a complete look of shock on her face asks: "are you having twins?"
my response: "no."

Are you kidding me? Twins? Am I really that big? ~ wait don't answer that, I don't want to know. I will say it was really hard not to lash back at this lady for making me feel "super" great about myself and this growing belly. But, instead I just reminded myself of what my husband said to me last week when I saw him, "you look absolutely beautiful, babe!" and it made me smile :) and feel like a million dollars.

Anyway, I guess that about does it for me. I hope everyone had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving as I did! I am so thankful I was able to spend the day with my husband :)

Until next time ~ kate

3 comments:

Dolly said...

I'm sorry! People somehow just think they can say anything to you when you are pregnant. I had a lot of interesting comments and touchy feely strangers too.
You look so lovely pregnant! Don't let anyone tell you differently!

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

Thanks, Dolly...that means a lot! :)
I have heard of many stories from girls I know who have had interesting comments said to them when they were pregnant...the nerve of some people!

But I needed to be reminded that I am not the only one who has encountered this type of situation...thanks, friend!

Rebecca M. said...

I think EVERY pregnant woman gets asked that question or told they look like they're going to pop. LOL.
Just listen to your husband and doctor, because you do look beautiful and she is healthy! =)