Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday night thoughts...

This evening I am in a reflective mood...
  • I am reflecting on what Stephen and I have been anticipating and preparing for, for the last 37 weeks (well actually more like 31 weeks of really knowing what was going on). It kind of seems surreal that today I am officially considered full-term with this pregnancy, time really has flown by (for the most part). I am beyond excited for Annelise to get here and to finally be able to hold her in my arms! I will be honest though, I still have many fears surrounding becoming a parent, but I am so thankful to know I am not going into this alone...I have my amazing husband who will be right there with me on this new adventure.
  • I am also reflecting on this past month of living here in Texas...I have mostly lived in our apartment without my husband here each night. I would be lying if I were to say this has been "easy", but good things come to those who wait, right? This evening S got word that his off-post packet has officially been approved...hooray!! This means that tomorrow evening when he comes home for dinner...he will actually be able to stay here and sleep here too! I cannot tell you what an answer to prayer this truly is...especially now that I am considered full-term and could easily go into labor any time from here on out. Thank you to all of you joined us in praying for S's packet to go through!
  • And I am reflecting on the past three, almost four years of our marriage. It has just been the two of us (obviously)...and in a matter of only a few weeks, our family will be growing to include our sweet baby girl. I know I said this already, but it feels kind of surreal that this big change is right around the corner! But I am very thankful for this gift from God...I can only hope and pray that we are able to raise our daughter in the nurture and admonition of the One who has given us this wonderful blessing and responsibility.
  • Tonight, I am also reflecting on how this month would have marked my grandfather's 95th birthday, February 14th to be exact. I miss him more than words can say. One of the reasons Stephen and I chose to name Annelise, well...Annelise is because the origin of her name is Danish. My grandfather was Danish-American. It seems only fitting to name our little girl, Annelise, because after all she will be sharing the same birth month as her great-grandfather. Sometimes I wish he we were still around to be able to meet his fourth great-grandchild...but I also know he is not in pain any more and that he is also most likely dancing on the streets of gold with my grandmother, his sweet wife ~ which makes me smile! I still miss him, but I know I will see him again one day.
Well, I guess that about sums up all of my thoughts for this evening. I know I have not been very faithful posting on here as of late...but I have been busy settling into our apartment, sewing a quilt for our daughter, and both of us have been trying to prepare as much as we truly can for this big life change coming up. I will try and be more diligent in posting something new...but I make no promises, as I am sure our life will become very busy and sleepless in just a few weeks :)

But...until next time ~ kate

No comments: