Thursday, February 11, 2010

As my husband likes to say...

we are "waitin' on a woman" ~ just like the song by Brad Paisley
Yes, we are getting SO close to meeting our little girl and I think both S and I are beyond excited to finally hold her in our arms!
I went to the doctor yesterday and was finally able to meet my doctor for the first time...at my last appointment I just met with one of the Nurse Practitioners, so it was nice to see my doctor this time around. And might I say, I absolutely loved her! She was so personable and nice and even though I am sure she will not remember me specifically, due to the high volume of patients that come through on a daily basis, she seemed to care about me and took the time to chat rather than just treating me like another patient off her checklist for the day.
Anyway...I was so, so thankful to hear that I am one centimeter dilated and 50% effaced...so my body is getting ready! Now, I know I could easily stay like this for another week or two, but it is just good to know I am progressing along and that A is also getting ready as well. Doc said that our little girl is head down and really low...she could feel her head rather well.
So here's to hoping A comes really soon...it would be wonderful if she decided this weekend would be a good time to be born, because S has a three almost four day weekend! But we also know she will come in God's timing...so for now we are left "waitin' on a woman" ~ and I think I'm okay with that...

Until next time ~ kate

1 comment: