Thursday, June 10, 2010

Returning to the land of blogging...at least for now.

It feels like the past three months have been a whirlwind of time spinning out of control. Last time I left you, I was super pregnant and pleading with our daughter (daily...hourly) to make up her mind and decide to come out and meet her daddy and me. Well, she finally did just that, but only with a bit of help. On March 1st at 1:06 p.m. after about 17 hours of labor, we welcomed our precious Annelise!! She came into this world screaming and at times she still reminds her daddy and me that, yes...she still has quite the set of lungs and certainly knows how to use them. She has been a joy from the very first second she was born, but even saying she is a joy...is an understatement. Stephen and I could not be more grateful to our Heavenly Father for giving us such a wonderful gift, our hearts are definitely full when we look at our baby girl.
I would be lying if I said this transition into parenthood has been easy. I have honestly never been more tired in my life (and I thought I had seen the last of sleepless nights when I graduated from college, HA!)...but all the sleepless nights are more than worth it when she smiles or laughs at us.
Well, I hate to cut this post short...I could literally go on and on about how our lives have changed, or how wonderful it is to be a mom...but motherhood is calling, as this little girl obviously has decided to boycott nap time.
Until next time... ~ kate
Before I go...in an effort to redeem myself for having not posted anything new on this blog, I will inundate you with pictures of the sweetest little girl in the world (and no, I am not biased at all).


3 months old...June 1st


Our first family picture


My how she has grown...this picture was taken when she was about one week old!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love to see a new post! She is just beautiful =)

baloney said...

ooo I want to hold this sweet little baby! She looks so lovely and snuggly! Glad you guys are doing well :)