Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A huge blessing...

A few weeks ago, I began thinking about when we would need to purchase the next step up in regards to a car seat for A. She is growing so fast and lately it has been getting more and more difficult to squeeze her into the infant car seat that we currently have. So I did a little research to see what the price tag for a convertible car seat would be and its anywhere from about $70 to over $200 (depending on the brand). I mentioned this to Stephen at one point and he said..."well, we'll see what can do..." and I kind of left it at that...
Fast forward to yesterday...
I had just laid A down for an afternoon nap and I get this phone call from the New Parent Support Program through Army Community Services (ACS) on post...Mary (our friend over there) wanted to inform me that we were eligible (based on Stephen's rank and the fact that we are enrolled in NPSP) to receive a convertible car seat for
FREE ~ I was floored when she shared this news with me!
I know this may seem kind of small in regards to our needs, because like I said we have a car seat that will suffice for now, but this phone call uplifted my spirits and reminded me that God is definitely in the small stuff too. So, for today...I am thankful that He provided in an unforeseen way...and come September 16th, A will be sporting a new car seat, and will definitely be riding in style...as always :)

Until next time ~ Kate

No comments: