Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The art of being one...

Just over a week ago, our sweet girl turned one year old! I am still trying to figure out how she is already one, but I am sure I will be saying that each year as she turns another year older. Time seems to fly by at warp speed these days and I am just trying to hold on and enjoy the ride!
Anyway, I know it has been months since I have posted anything new on here, and I really cannot promise I will get better at doing so...but I wanted to at least share a few pictures of our big girl...
What a beautiful girl!

One of her favorite books is Guess How Much I Love You ~ she raises up her arms when we say "This much!"

Stephen and I really do not understand why we even bother buying toys for her, when she seems to enjoy playing with all of the tupperware from the kitchen...

"Not too sure about this stuff guys?!"

As of late, our days are full of chasing this little girl around...she has been walking since about 10 months and she is getting REALLY fast now too! She loves "reading" her books and pointing to the pictures. She loves to eat many things (and thankfully she will eat what I give her, no matter), it's just the quantity is not very much...but I know that will change as she grows and needs more. Sleeping at night is getting better, but she does wake up at about 5:00 am...very hungry, thankfully though after I feed her, she will go back to sleep until about 7:00 - 7:30 am. She can say "momma" and "dada" when she wants to and most everything else is either "ook" or her version of "see" which sounds more like "shee". When I took her into the doctor for her 12 month well-baby check-up she weighed in at almost 22 lbs...and I believe just over 28 inches tall. It's crazy to think of how far she has come in one year...and I am excited to see her as she grows and develops over this next year. One thing is for sure, our life is full and Stephen and I are enjoying Annelise so very much and cannot imagine our life without her.

Well I guess that is all the time I have for now...a mountain of laundry is calling my name.
Until next time ~ kate

1 comment:

baloney said...

She is so beautiful, Katy! I love her hair so so so much!